Thursday, March 1, 2012

On The Way

4.30 AM  Just about to leave the house for the Hospital.  Lord be with me and my family and my friends as we travel down a new road today.  Watch over the surgeon, give him the knowledge and skill to make the right decisions today.  We love you and praise your name throughout today and this whole journey.
To God be the Glory, Great things He has done.  Captain and family

8 AM
8:15 - it's Suzanne, sorry for the delay, I had trouble with dad's laptop...should have practiced this prior to today!  Daddy is in surgery, mom said he walked into the or - his prayer pants in hand!
Please continue to pray for him and the doctors and nurses taking car of him.  I will update more as we hear.

9:10am
Nurse just came out - laparoscopic part is done, they found some inflammation but the test came back ok - so they have opened him up and are continuing on with the surgery!
More to come.

2.10pm
TUMOR IS OUT!!!!  Nurse just came out and said the doctor is getting ready to close him up!  Thank you LORD - thank you friends for your continued prayers!

3.40pm
Dr. House (our wonderful surgeon) just came out to talk to us - dad is doing great!  He had to take out a little more then he had planned, however, he is doing wonderful.  The tube is out and in about an hour we should be able to go see him.  He will be in ICU for @ least 24 hours.

6.45pm
well, mom and my brother got to go back and see daddy - I took my husband home, picked-up the kids and dropped them all off at home...so I am still waiting to see him.
Mom says he is a little swollen and his voice is horse from the breathing tube...I'm anxious to see him.
If I don't log in anymore tonight, I will be back tomorrow.  I plan on working for a couple of hours in the morning then come back to hang out with dad and mom...someone needs to make sure that she (the Babe) is eating and taking care of her too.

Again, love to you all - and thank you for all your prayers.

Suzanne - the daughter

3 comments:

  1. Thinking about you, Jerry. Good luck, best wishes, congratulations...welcome to the rest of your life!!! Sending hugs and very good thoughts. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, I am thinking about all of you and reliving what I went through 5 years ago. It was not the easiest thing I have ever done, but he will heal and will feel better within a couple weeks. My payers are with you and the doctors. Eagerly awaiting more news. Tell him I said hi, thanks for the 3 bowling team registrations and, as my father used to say..."Knocker's up!"

    You figure it out!! LOL!!!

    Take care,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete