Tuesday, March 6, 2012

All things are good................

All tubes have been removed. fingers are now free to move about on the keyboard, I got the mouse working so that is also easier to move the cursor around the screen.  I have only 1 drainage tube to come out tomorrow and then I get to leave this hospital.

I just saw Dr. House, surgeon, and he and the team are all impressed.  As follows, the chemo stepped down my cancer from the beginning at a Stage 3 to Stage 1, hardly ever happens with this cancer at the stage 3 level..  I was extremely healthy and that helped thru chemo and now thru surgery.  I have recovered from this hard surgery faster than anyone had envisioned. They just see no reason not to be optimistic.

Now for the future and what to watch for.  At this point, as of today I am cancer free.  But if this cancer reappears it will most likely do it within the next 2 years  After that 2 year period it will be more unlikely to return.  So we will be watching things closely, with Ct scans and blood work.  I will know more after the surgeon and onc meet to discuss my case leading up to my oppt in late March..as 2 future chemo or not???

I think I have most of my senses returned and am making sense.  I hope I was not too graphic in my descriptions.  Blame it on the drugs..

To all my prayer pals, my friends and family, we have met this head on and kicked some cancer butt.  Thanks to God for his merciful healing.  To God be the Glory, Great things he has  done

I have to go now, cause I'm getting tired and sweating like a dog.  (whatever that means )

God Bless you all,  Captain

1 comment: