Saturday, March 31, 2012

Rough two days

I think I'm coming out of it, whatever it was.  Yesterday I still had no energy or appetite, had 3 boosts during the day.  Just had no desire to even try to eat anything, walked between the recliner and bed with my comforter.  Starting to feel like that Charlie Brown character.  Had the shakes and shivers pretty much all day yesterday.  Last evening, I wrapped the comforter around me in the recliner and the wife put another one over me and that stopped the shivers.  PS, never had vomiting through out this ordeal

Gradually I flipped off the top one leaving me just wrapped up in one comforter.  Then I was getting hot and starting to sweat and my wife said you have a temperature.  Great.  So for next 2 hours we kept taking a temp. reading every 15 mins, she got on the phone and called the week end phone number for IU hospital to check in with them on what to do.  I told her I think I just may have overheated my own body. The temp. was slowly dropping during this time and by 9:30 was right at 100, down from a high of 102.  The shivers were over and I would occasionally sweat, but not for long.

The night went ok, just slept under a quilt, not the comforter, shivers gone, and right now am feeling better.  It's 7:30 AM on Sat. morning.  I already know what I want for breakfast, so I feel like eating something, yeah.  Going to take a shower directly to wash  all that sweat off, and put on real people clothes, that always make me feel better.

Just took my temp. and it was 97.0.

Thanks for all your prayers and positive thoughts through this journey, God Bless you all, Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment