Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Morning

Went to church, first time back since surgery on 3/1.  Everybody glad to see me, and I to see them.  This morning was a good first for me.  I gained 3 pounds, yeah.  Am getting my appetite back, had breakfast yesterday, ( 2 eggs, 2 pcs of bacon, hash browns and 2 pcs of toast ).  Sandwich, potato salad and 3 pickles for lunch, warmed up spaghetti for dinner.  Things are looking up.

Friday night, I took the car and went on a small trip to the grocery by myself.  Did fine, I wasn't looking for 40 pounds of dog food, don't worry, I still have a brain. 

I'm no hero, but I'm not an invalid either, every thing I do is one step on the road to recovery.  If it doesn't hurt me, why not do it.

I'm feeling better every day, less naps, a little more energy.  Restless at night though, can't get a complete nights sleep, but I wasn't doing that before surgery.

HEY, All you bowlers, don't forget April 14th, 1 PM .  I know it's been awhile and other events are getting added to our lives but I want to see you all there, and some of you own me $$$$$$........lol

Thanks for all your prayers, God is in our lives each day, look at me, an unworthy sinner. 
God Bless you all, Captain

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that you are feeling better and feel like getting around!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete