Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Rev. Deadeye

Another story to tell, this is a true story that I wanted to share in case I start signing off as " Rev. Deadeye "

Years ago I would take a week's vacation with 3 buddies and play golf in Myrtle Beach, SC during the last week in January.  It was enjoyable, we would play like 27 to 36 holes per day, and come back with a tan and have fun.  Well, one year as we drove to the golf course we saw the name of a local band on the marque sign out front of a bar/restaurant.  The name of the band appearing was  " Hootie and the Blowfish" , we had such a laugh at what a stupid name that was, and even took a picture of the sign.  One of my buds and I would continue calling each other "Hootie" for a number of years.  Like, "Nice shot, Hootie" ,  " Hey Hootie, want to play this Saturday? "  Things like that.

Obviously, if we had known the future we would have run into that bar and offered $$$$ money to help sponser " Hootie and the Blowfish" as they became big stars.

Well, on the Fishing trip to Florida I picked up one of those local free newspapers and happened to catch the local entertainment page and was reading the names of the bands performing at local venues.  One band name was  Laurie and " Rocketman the Pirate"  another was "  Molly Jean and Rev. Deadeye ".  It just hit me as funny, unusual, goofy and weird.   Just like me, so I announced to my fishing buddies that I wanted to change my code name to "  Rev. Deadeye " for the rest of the trip.

My nephew must have lost his hearing ( and at such a young age )  he kept calling me Rev. Browneye.  Don't know why and I kept correcting him, Rev. Deadeye.  I feel bad for him, such a long life ahead, and having trouble with his hearing.

Well, 24 hours from now, I may be in recovery.  Thanks for your emails, phone calls, texts, I feel your presence today and tomorrow in my life, and I know God will be there with me.  See you later.

God Bless you all, luv, Rev. Deadeye

No comments:

Post a Comment