Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Home Again, Home Again

It is so nice to have a real keyboard to type on, now I can tell some real stories.  I will get to the fish, but first I blogged about our boat situation so I wanted to tell that story.

We finished the second day of fishing and were coming into the Marina, passing under a bridge when a Tsunami like wave hit us unexpectedly.  The radio in our boat didn't work so we were not prepared and obviously received no warnings.  As we went under the bridge that carried Route 1 traffic to and from the Keys.  This gigantic wave hit the boat from the side and turned us over, on our side.


It smashed the top of the boat into the bridge support, pushed the side into the same supports and smashed the 1 engine.  This is our Captain of the boat, not me, talking to his insurance agent.

After that we could only rent the following boat for the rest of our Fish Attack.


Now none of us were injured or hurt in anyway.  So don't even worry about us.  We tried not to let it dampen our spirits.  But it was a little nerve wracking.

Tomorrow I will start posting some fish pictures.  In a nutshell we caught quite a few fish, some yellow snappers were too small to keep ( had to be over 12 inches long ),  other fish were just not good eating fish, also groupers were out of season.    Wait till you see my Trophy fish, I thought I would never get them in the boat.

God Bless all you who have prayed for me, cause you now know I need it. 

Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment