Friday, February 3, 2012

Your Prayers Did It...........

Thanks to each one of you, I, we, got the best news possible today.  I just learned today that this tumor was the size of a small cantaloupe last July.  It is now the size of a baseball, not softball, but baseball.  No cancer appears in the right lobe.

They have all the confidence that because of the shrinkage, the way my body has handled the chemo, my overall health, that they can perform surgery and remove the cancer.  The surgery is scheduled for March the 1st.  I will be off of chemo during the month of  Feb. to allow my body to recover it's immunity and prepare itself for a major shock.  Of course everything is subject to change once they open you up and really see what's in there, but I don't think God has taken me this far to drop me on the operating table.

They will be removing 3/4 of the liver to get it all.  At this point because of the tumor the left lobe of liver has been killed off and shriveled up. So that is gone ( 1/2 a liver ).  At the beginning 3 small spots of cancer showed up on the PET scan in the right lobe closest to the left lobe and they are going to remove that section also to try and protect against it reoccurring.

See  Liver anatomy  link the bottom picture shows you the sections of the liver.  They are taking out everything but sections 6 and 7.  They will also remove the Gall Bladder, the Lymph nodes around the liver, check the abdominal wall for other problems while they are in there.  They will send the tumor to pathology to be checked.  Then based on all that, will determine the post-op care; if chemo is required or whatever afterwards.

So if any of you wonder if God is still active in the world, you and we all know that he is. I am certainly no saint, I'm a sinner just like all of us, but God is there for us. With prayer and faith and a true belief all things all truly possible.

"IMPOSSIBLE is not a fact, it's an opinion"

Thanks to all of you and your prayers, God did it thru me.  God Bless, Captain

2 comments:

  1. Will continue to pray for the doctors and a successful surgery! Continue to take care of your body until then. Your friend, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our thoughts and prayers are with you every day. This is wonderful news. Love, Beth & Larry

    ReplyDelete