Monday, February 27, 2012

The Time is Here

About 72 hours til surgery and then recovery begins.  Thursday at 7:30 is the operation and yes it's in my mind about every minute.  Trying to just get by and let it arrive.  This is the best chance for a total healing that man can give me.  But I know God is still there holding my hand on this journey.

I was thinking the other day, for all you doubters, I think a lot.  In 2 weeks I will be 65 and have been healthy my whole life.  God created my body and in the last year man has been tinkering with it.  I have to believe that God gave them the knowledge and the ability to perform some maintenance procedures and improve it for the next 60 years.  My goal is 110, that's what I told my family Doctor in 2009.

So let's take out the bad parts, and adjust the air pressure so I'm not howling and whining all the time. 

I know that's probably a bad analogy but it's the best I can come up.  Just so you know, I will go from surgery to the recovery room and then to ICU for up to 24 hours.  The move to ICU is not predictive of any problems from the surgery, but a precautionary step.  Sometimes the liver continues to bleed after surgery and they want to watch it and me closely for any problems so's to be right on top of them.

My wife and or daughter will be updating the blog on a somewhat continuous basis on Thursday and Friday, until I can focus and be back with you.

I sincerely thank you for your prayers and positive thoughts through out the last year, and thank you for future prayers for the surgery and recovery.

God Bless you all, Captain

2 comments:

  1. Still praying for you Captain! Yes, make sure your girls keep the blog updated. I will try to stop by for a visit after my FUDR next Tuesday! I am praying for Dr. House too!
    Remember, we are IN IT TO WIN IT!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the Florida G's are with you buddy. Prayer warriors are in full effect down here. We love you and can't wait to hear from you when you are able. Go easy, rest your mind and God will take it from here as he already has done. Remember WE LOVE YOU!!.

    Your loving nephew,
    Joe

    ReplyDelete