Thursday, February 2, 2012

Have to tell a story

Yesterday at the CT scan, this happened.  If you've had a CT scan you know what I'm talking about, if not I will describe it to you.

The patient ( me ) lies down on a bed like thing that is about 2 foot wide.  This bed then slides forward and back, also can be raised up and down to please the tech person operating it.  The bed slides into a large circle like machine that then does a circular scan over the area to be looked at in detail.  The circle is about 4 and 1/2 foot wide and 2 and 1/2 feet wide or thick.  So it is this machine is not really a tunnel, or too  claustrophobic.

So, you can't have anything in your pockets to interfere with the image produced, and every time I have had one, they place a blanket over you from the abdomen down, and ask you to slide your pants down so that the belt bucket, buttons, etc. does not interfere with the image. 

Well, yesterday, I have a nice looking tech, probably around 30 years old, 120 pounds, you know what I mean.  I'm under that blanket, pants are lowered, hands are under my head, again so watches, etc. don't interfere, the bed is raised so that I'm close to the top of the machine and there is not a lot of room between me and the bottom of the opening.  The machine tells me to take a deep breath and hold it while we do a practice scan to make sure all is set correctly.

She comes back in the room and tells me that I need to slide the pants down a little further.  Now, remember that I'm raised up and there's not a lot of room between me and the machine to reach thru and slide my pants, but I make the move.  And then she says,  "  I can help you, if you can't "    Holy mackerel, what went thru my head at that moment.  This 30 year old has offered to help lower my pants, What do I say, What do I say????????

But being the good person I am, I said, " I think I can get it "  and I did.  Just the situation was so weird and funny at the same time.  So many things I thought of, but I was a good patient.

Just had to share that, and thought you all would also enjoy it with me.  still lol......

Anyways, just waiting for the results, less than 24 hours.

Thanks again for your prayers, God Bless you all, Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment