Saturday, February 11, 2012

Friend needs prayers

A friend of mine at UPS had been off a couple of days with family problems.  Last night she was back and told me her sister has cancer.  She was shocked, dismayed and in general lost with her and the family's emotions.  Don't know a lot of the details but the cancer is in the colon and some spots on the liver.  Found because of a CT scan, don't know why they had a scan.

At this point all I could do was recommend my Oncologist and the IU Cancer center because of my great care during my journey.  This AM I sent her the contact information to give her some help if they didn't already know who to call.  Her sister's name is Deb if you would include her in your prayers.

I told her this was perhaps the worst time, because you have the diagnosis of cancer, but you are left in total darkness on what to do, which way to turn.  After you meet with the Oncologist at least he can start giving you a plan; meaning, chemo, radiation, surgery whatever but now you have something to grab on to and start the battle.

Thanks again for supporting me thru this journey ( which is not over yet ) now we can help Deb and her family come to grips with her situation.  Also remember others in your family, or friendships that also need prayers, there is more trouble in life besides just cancer.

God Bless, Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment