Sunday, August 7, 2011

Where have you been???

You might be asking me that question.  But I'm right here, didn't run yesterday, no chemo on Friday so not much to report.  No great running thoughts, no chemo concerns that weren't talked about on Friday anyways.

I'm feeling fine, the cancer is not bothering me in any way.  In fact if the Dr. hadn't said " You have cancer"  I wouldn't know it.  I can say that the chemo really has been affecting my bladder on the past 2 week ends. as the last 2 nights have been very restful.  So let's talk some running.

Remember way back when we started to jog and " building a base", and the talk of " LSD and long, slow distance"  Well even though you my be thinking, " the captain is taking off a lot of days ".  Remember it is HOT, so about anything I do ( or you do ) to try and maintain any kind of exercise is going to help you later.  Remember we talked about building your miles slowly so as to avoid injury, and now I'm am jogging everything and not walking during these training runs.

2 weeks ago I jogged at total of 9.3 miles in 1 week, that was up from 5-7 miles the last time we talked miles, last week was 5.7 miles, it's OK to take some time off to rest.  This week is supposed to be cooler ( no kidding ) mid 80's and I expect to run between 7-9 miles again.  And again we talked that the speed will come automatically, well I can feel it creeping in there here and again.  So we are doing fine not spending a lot of time making daily running charts.  That what we are doing now will reach our goal in next May.  You will see some 4 and 5 mile runs thrown in there by the end of Sept. first of Oct, again just training no speeds.  Avoid Injury, avoid, avoid. 

Perhaps I will look for a 5K race somewhere around mid Oct, or Nov and then we will see the speed come back and a time.  Obviously a 9 minute pace should put the time at around 27:30 to 28.  With chemo and all we'll see where we end up.

But for now I'm going to forget about the cancer and live my life carefree but with God at my side.  I or you can't spend our lives moping around like the end is around the corner.  Enjoy the time you/we have, make every day the most important.

Thanks for your prayers, God Bless, Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment