Thursday, August 25, 2011

I'm still here, just vegetating !!!!!

We probably should just cross this week off as throw-a-way running week.  I did just walk my 1.7 mile course and I'm a little sweaty.  But I did enjoy the beauty of the day.  Sometimes we run through life to get to the next time slot and forget to look around.  At the beauty of the green grass, the colorful flowers, the animals playing, a mother with her children in the park. 

We don't take the time to notice the rest of the world at a slower pace.  The walk today was good and peaceful, no music playing in my ears, no talking with a fellow walker, just time to myself.  NOW for a bowl of ice cream.

No run tomorrow, chemo at 9:30.  Will update live during the event.  I know it's not as exciting as football updates, but what can I say.  You get what I give you.

Thanks for all the cards, the thoughts and the prayers,  God Bless, Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment