Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Still here, just got smarter ??????

Last night while working and thinking about running in this heat, it occurred to me that I have 4 months left on my health club membership, and you know what, they have treadmills in air conditioning.  What a concept.  Now I don't really like treadmills, but if the alternative is to run in 97 degrees, or not run at all, I guess I will choose the treadmill.  I jogged 2 miles, ending at a 11:06 pace ( which I don't really agree with the electronics ) but it's better than nothing.  After all I don't want to peak too early.....lol

The posts will be more in the early afternoon, now that I'm back to work.  The heat in the building was not as bad as I anticipated, not quite understanding, but will accept that too.  Just trying to be a more accepting guy.

Don't know much else, no side effects to speak of.  Still have hair, feeling a little like Sam Malone on Cheers.  He was always concerned about messing up his hair.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers,  God Bless you all, Captain

PS I made reservations at a B & B for the wife and me for Labor Day week end, in South Haven, MI.  We seem to have found a place that we both love and enjoy.  Don't have the $$$$ but now is the time to enjoy life.

1 comment:

  1. Your membership is at Leb Sports & Fitness? Thought I might check that out at some point myself. Midday was always the best time for me to run (b/t am & pm appts). Would be nice to have some options, esp. after last winter (the glacier)
    Don't have any platitudes, but I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete