Saturday, August 27, 2011

Not a total waste for running

I just ran 2.5 miles, I felt at a faster pace than in the past.  Just shows that taking a few days does not kill the time it has taken you to get to this point.  Normally, at least I heard this or read it somewhere.  If it has taken you 4 months of training to get to this point, you will not lose it in the next 48 hours, or even 2 weeks, just be reasonable.  Don't take a month off and then try a 5K race for your first run after that kind of a break.  So today was good, that will make 5 miles for the week, and yes I'm still sweating before the shower. sorry about that.

Chemo was fine, my blood work obviously good, platelets were 178 down from 348, but still in the good range.  Next week off will allow the body to rebuild again.  Then CT scan on 9/8 to see if any progress is being made, so next dr's appt is 9/9, and then another 2 weeks of chemo.  That is what I know at this moment.  But it's good to be alive and with family and friends.

Looking forward to my trip to South Haven, MI. over Labor Day.  Looks like the daughter's family and grand kids will be joining us for some time there.  It will be good to see their reactions to the sand and beach.  It will be great for them to experience some new things in life.  I can't wait, so excited.

One of my balloon girls Mo is taking me brunch this morning @ 11am, can't wait for that either, life is good, one day at a time.  Guessing I haven't seen her in 7-8 years.  That will be kool, peace mo.

Going to get my green tea and a shower, see you later and God Bless, Captain


No comments:

Post a Comment