Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ran at 8 AM and more

Actually slept a little late this am, chemo not bothering me any, no bathroom trips last night, feeling OK.

I jogged my 1.7 mile course, could feel the speed coming back.  This week with the longer runs thrown in there - the total miles for the week were 9.4 miles jogged, up from 7.4 last week, so you can start to see how LSD is increasing slowly without injury.  Just for the heck of it, I looked up Nov. of 09 in my running records, and in that one month I started from nothing and by the end of the month was up to 2.5 miles.  So either the heat and my concern for injury affected me this summer, or I'm that much older.  There I said it before you could, ha.  But I feel good about where I am at this point and again, I have plenty of time before next May.

There are a couple of readers and friends who have contacted me and said that I have shamed them into exercising by going to the gym and/or starting a walking program.  Good for me, and Great for their health.  Keep up the good work guys.  Amazing as it seems I know you will feel you have more energy by expending energy.

One thing I forgot during my chemo yesterday which may interest you.  Two weeks ago they cancelled the chemo because my platelets were too low.  Week 1 platelets were at 148, week 2 @ 76 and chemo was cancelled.  Without any changes on my part ( no prescriptions, no special diet changes, etc. ) just the body taking charge, my platelets yesterday were 342.  Just to follow up with you who might be interested.

So once again thanks for your friendships and all the prayer chains.

Just one day at a time with God Blessings to all, Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment