Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 9 of 1 year plan

Still a light misty drizzle here in central Indiana, I really think it will end sometime soon, but still good conditions for walking and running.

Today I walked 1.7 miles in the new shoes and no socks, so I think I'm getting them broken in ok. No signs of blisters or problems. I must admit I jogged some today, maybe about 1/4 mile. You know I've been fighting that and today my mind said " you just can't start running over 1 mile next week, so let's give those muscles a wake up call". No sprinting or even running, just a slow jog.

To give you an idea I think you are jogging when you're pace per mile is in the 11-15 minutes range. Running begins at around 10 minutes and below, now that is just my opinion. To give you an idea of pace the elite runners, I mean the winners of the Mini, the Boston Marathon, will run at a sub 5 minute per mile pace. That is unbelievable to me. A marathon is 26.2 miles. I could stand at the 25 mile marker and when the leader comes by 25 miles, I could take off running and not beat him or her to the finish line. That just blows my mind, that they are that fast.

And NO that is not even close to my goal for the Mini. Although I did officially enter today, so now the financial commitment has been made.

I hope this is not getting to boring for any readers out there. I just don't have any stories of dogs, cats or even squirrels chasing me or attacking or anything like that. Maybe I can make up something soon to throw some suspense in this blog. Maybe I'll write this like a mystery novel and start bringing in new characters, and make someone disappear or something interesting.

Yeah, that's it, I'll see this beautiful mystery woman running off in the distance , and as I seem to gain ground on her, like I can almost start to converse with her. The image fades away, was it real or just a mirage? Will she return in the future, or is she gone forever?

Stay tuned..........

Anyways, hope your getting some enjoyment out of this and maybe learning more about running that perhaps you will be inspired to run, walk or exercise in some way. You will live longer and better.

God bless, Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment