Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 15 Weather Getting Hotter

When I left the house it was 77, humidity @ 75 and windy.  I can't stress enough to take along water.  Today I jogged 1 mile, started out feeling rough, after about 1/3 of the way things started to ease out.  Remember the run most likely will not feel the same at the start, during, and the end, stay with it.  Lots of times at the beginning I will feel like I'm plodding along, my feet are not striking the ground smoothly, just feels rough, but after maybe 1/4 mile it just automatically starts coming together.  Stay with it.

Yes, I'm sweating, I'll be showering in a minute, just hold your horses.  The heat takes it out of you much quicker so learn that and don't assume you can't do this running thing.  It will come naturally.  You will notice that I'm not talking anything about speed, or trying to speed up my runs any.  TOO EARLY

We're " base building",  I know it is boring as all get out, but believe me the speed will start to come naturally.  You will be jogging and all of a sudden will realize that you are going faster.  Trust me on that.

I can't tell you but so many times, slow and steady.

You will notice if you are reading closely, that my method of base building is a longer workout ( slow ), then back off for a couple of days, then increase again.  When we start getting to 3 and 4 miles.  I just don't run 3 miles everyday.  I will run 4 miles, then next day back to 1 mile, next up to 1.7, then up to 3.5, then down to 2, then 4.  See what I mean.  Longer then let your body rest for couple of days, then long.  Back and forth to build that base.  Even now speed is not important.

It's a long journey, and the goal is no injury.  You'll see it happen here, and if you're running with me from the start you will feel it happen in your runs.

See you tomorrow, God Bless, Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment