Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 5 of Mini training

The world is right again as the missing posts suddenly reappear. Hurray!!!!!

Today is Saturday and I walked to and around the park in Lebanon. Very nice and peaceful. One runner passed me going in the opposite direction, I'm still walking in the old running shoes at this point.

Morning was cooler, 66 degrees, mostly cloudy, the weathermen say rain today, but I swear... until the weather is within 50 miles of your location, they don't have a clue. Highest paid people, that can't get it right. Except politicians of course.

I'm thinking at least 1 more week of walking, then I will start some slow jogs during the walk. Like jog 3 blocks, then walk 6, then jog 3, on and on. Working back into it slowly, it's a long journey.

For the record I usually workout ( run) 6 days a week with 1 rest day. Remembering that not every day is the same workout. I will mix in slower runs with a little faster sections during the run. I will run different routes during the week, meaning, I will run 1 mile, then the next day I will run 3 miles, then back down to 1.5. There's a reason for that....and as soon as I remember I will let you know. :-) Now the above situation is when I'm actually running, not at the present time while walking.

That's about it for today, see you in Church tomorrow, God bless, Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment