Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 8, 7 was Rest

Completed my walk today, right now I'm eating a chocolate Dilly Bar. Today in Indiana it was 48 degrees with a very slight misty rain falling. I wore my new shoes, no socks, on this walk and they were fine.

Walked 1.3 miles today, still no jogging. I should say that on Sunday I walked 1.7 miles, maybe that's why I had that little twinge in my shin area. Remember, I already talked about too far too fast, and I can't keep with the plan. Last Tuesday I started with 1 mile and on day 6 I was pushing 1.7, too far too fast. I will try to control myself. Again, mentally, I, maybe you, want to go farther because everything feels good and you say why not. You soon remember why.

I want to tell you about a web site that I found and it's free for the basics, http://www.activetrainer.com/ here's why. In the old days, early 80's, I kept a spiral notebook of my daily runs and times, I had a plan of what I needed to do each week, I added up the mileage, I entered any races that I ran and the times, etc., so I had a record of it. Well, the internet came along and it got really easy.

Active trainer.com You can set up your own account for free and log in each time you need to enter a run, walk. What's cool, as you enter a workout, you can enter strength training, swimming, cycling, etc and it keeps track of everything. Under a tab called reports you can instantly see how many miles you ran for the week, the month, whatever. Also cool, under routes, you can map your route on city streets and it will give you the length. So you don't have to get in the car and drive a route to get the mileage.

It also has some pay sections where you can access downloadable training plans to run a 5K, a 10K, etc. But I honestly think you can Google what you need for free. In general this is a good place to start if you want to know more than what I'm telling you.

So, the plan is to continue slowly, not too far too fast..............please keep telling me that.

God bless, Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment