Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 13 of Training

I left the house jogging in a light rain but above me were blue skies, so I continued. After all I had checked the weather radar before I left. I carried water, jogged in the new shoes, etc. The distance was 1 mile partly because I had built up to that and tomorrow was a day of rest. I made it just fine, but I have to tell you.

Remember for the last 2 weeks that mentally my mind wanted to jog any number of times. Well today, my mind wanted me to stop any number of times. Funny how your mind wants to run and change your life on a moment to moment basis. But I didn't stop and walk because I had a goal and that was more important. And the goal will be most important on a daily basis for the next year.

Now I should say that with the long term goal in mind, you can and should allow changes and adjustments to your schedule. There will be times that you take 2-4 days off in a row. Listen to your body, but also remember your goal. Your body will not say " stop right now, don't go any farther". It will say give me a little rest. And that is perfectly ok.

So, I will see you on Day 14 which will be Tuesday.

God Bless, Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment