Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 14 of Training

Today was about 71 degrees and sunny.  I walked and ran the 1.7 route, with 1.25 jogged in the middle of 2 walks.  Felt very comfortable, took water.  Had to stop, sit down on the curb and pick a small pebble or something out of the side of my shoe ( during the start up walk ) that would have been uncomfortable and maybe a blister if I had ignored it the rest of the way.  If that happens again, I may have to go to socks.  Just some debris that get stuck to the bottom of my shoe for a second, then it flys loose and somehow right into your shoe.....bummer.

I saw another mystery woman ahead of me when I got to the city park ( I will say mystery, because I don't know who she is ).  The pony tail from her hair was just swishing back and forth.  Now before you start calling me a dirty old man.  Remember, there's no way I can run faster and catch her even if she was 80 years old, and I'm sure she would run right by me, if I was somehow in front of her. So not to worry.  We, men, can dream can't we??????  Also 3 walkers passed me going in the opposite direction, now you have the whole story.

The jog was good, I did not at any time want to quit today, in fact, I was only going to jog 1 mile, but it felt fine, so I went the extra 1/4 mile. 

Now I talked about building a base slowly, to give you an idea.  Using www.activetrainer.com and recording my walks and distances everyday for the last 2 weeks.  It shows that from that 1st Tuesday starting from nothing, the first week I walked a total of 6.3  miles, and last week was @ 9.4 miles.  Remember I also talked of not increasing your distance but around 10% per week.  So you can see I am a rebel,  also I still have some base left from last year.  So if you are a total beginner, be careful, do not try to match me step for step.  Learn to listen to your body, and understand what it is saying about when to slow down, and when to continue.

See you tomorrow, I've quit sweating, so time to shower, I know you're saying, Thank goodness!!!!!!!

God Bless, Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment