Monday, April 16, 2012

Ok, I'm Back...............

The last 3 weeks have been really hard on me mentally, with new procedures trying to fix the bile duct and I just had to crawl under a rock for a few days.  I'm peeking out now, and things are looking up.  So I hope the low has been reached

On Friday I had the second stent replacement and this Friday the 20th will be the last one.  I know more about the process, it seems to be working much better and now for the energy part.  The first stent was a size 10 inserted into the bile duct. This last Friday , the 13th, they pulled the 10 and the tube, and exchanged it for a size 16, the opening is getting larger.  This Friday they will pull the 16 and replace it with a size 20.  This is the last one, and it will remain in their for a year.  The tube will be hanging out the side for that year, with some maintenance.  No swimming, bathing, showers are OK, don't worry.

We had the Bowling for Sue Fundraiser on Sat. the 14th.  It was very successful, and I will Sue brag on the numbers.  Sue you can leave a comment, and tell my people your joy, I don't want to steal your thunder.  I got to see some friends from UPS, TJ from the Captain Balloon business,  Mike, his wife Ann and his son Phillip were there supporting use.  I sat.  Didn't even pick up a bowling ball, did do some walking around.  According the the Doctor's liver regrowth plan, we should be pretty much done with major construction ton the liver, so my improving appetite can now go to me.  Will be watching the scales for proof.  ( Starting to have to many spell-check problems )  So I'm going to leave you now.

Thanks for all your prayers, God Bless you all, Captain

1 comment:

  1. Jerry,

    What a treasure to have met you! Every word you spoke to me rang memories in my head. I wish you continued improvement and even though some days seem so hard, you WILL feel better soon. One day you will wake up and will be surprised how well you feel! I hope your new stent works wonderfully and your "beautiful bile" behaves itself!

    Thank you for the great balloons that you brought. It really added that festive touch to the party.

    We had a very successful fundraiser! Over all we had 141 bowlers and we made over $6000 for the Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation!!! This organization funds research into CC by awarding grants to researchers so that they may focus on the battle to cure CC.

    Thank you to all of your friends and family for their support and we hope to meet all of you again next year. We'll make Jerry bowl for that party!!!

    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete