Friday, April 6, 2012

ERCP not as planned................

Yesterday was supposed to be a in and out procedure of putting a stent into my bile duct.  Obviously we die not prepare to spend the night in the hospital and therefore I did not have my computer to update anyone, no clothes were brought with us.  Just unprepared, I was pretty frustrated

What happened was this.  You remember my link to what an ERCP was and entailed.  When they got all through the body with the scope and the wires, they just couldn't get the wire pushed into the constricted. Normal procedure takes around 30 minutes, my Doctor spent 1 1/2 hours trying to make it work.  Could not get it. 

So then the decision was to keep me overnight and go into the liver from above with a needle.  Obviously it is a much shorter route, more direct and they would be coming into the constricted area from above.

Long story short, today was a success, and now we're hopefully back on the road.  I'm in the room going thru a sort of recovery and will have to stay here again tonight.  Most likely to be released tomorrow.

God Bless  you all, thanks to you for the prayers. Captain.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that it went well today. Praise God!
    Now, for a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Gravy Jerry! You just can't make anything simple can you? You better take it easy, and get all fixed up, because you have a lot to catch up on in the small sort! I'm really missing you, it's hard to find people to harass that will dish right back to me! I will be sending more prayers your way! <> Cathy

    ReplyDelete