Monday, April 23, 2012

Here I am and doing much better......

It's Monday morning, I'm trying to get ahead of the early risers.  The procedure was fine on Friday, the largest stent is in and I have a follow up appt. in July.  My side has been seemingly more sore this time after the new insertion.

Every time they put in a larger stent ( this is it ) the tube also increases in size, and that means that they have to mess around and enlarge the hole in my side.  So obviously that skin is much more sensitive while it heals it's self.  It is starting to feel better today.  So the wife and I have to flush the tube/stent twice a day and just keep things clean in general.  Probably in a month I won't even know it's there.

Saturday night was an unusual one for me, usually I'm up every 1 to 1 1/2 hour to take a leak, not a very restful night.  Saturday night was like I had a fight with the devil within my body.  First I laid down like always for bed.  The next thing it is 4 AM, I slept all that time with a potty break. But I was so sweaty I had to get up and strip off my clothes, the bed sheets, blankets etc. My pillow case was off course damp, but my pillow inside was totally wet.  I was very happy for the rest, but couldn't figure out the sweating thing.

Last night it was almost a normal night restful, only 3 visits to the bath, could sleep in between, I enjoyed it very much.  I feel much better, I have gained those dropped 10 pounds back, yesterday I was back up to 146, looking for 150 in the next 2 weeks.

Looking for an egg omelet in the next hour, it's cold outside, but trying to figure out what I can do.  My body is telling me it's getting closer to regaining some energy.

Got to go, luv you all, thanks for all your prayers, it has been quite a journey, they say don't judge till you walk in their shoes, well I can attest that no matter how they prepared me for this liver rebuild, I still was not prepared.

God bless you all, Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment