Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Lowest Point

I never knew it would be this hard to recover from this surgery.  I now feel like I'm starting over again from day 1.  I have no energy, this morning I was panting and holding on to everything just taking a shower and drying off afterwards.  I actually felt nauseous while drying off and was slightly sick.  I now weigh ( I'm not proud of this ) 135.8 down 10 pounds from last Thursday. In high school, I wrestled at 120, in college 130, so this pretty low.  Now remember this is after 2 nights in the hospital, last Thurs and Fri. nights, not eating hospital food, drinking boost. Ate on Sat. ok, then started losing my appetite on Sunday.  Monday Am ate a couple of poached eggs, then rest of Monday I drank boost.

So, I've got to turn this around now.  At noon today I have an appointment with an eye surgeon to check out something the local eye doctor found.  Will know more later.  Getting old is not for sissies.

Thanks for your continued prayers, God Bless you all, Captain

1 comment:

  1. Jerry, You will have up and down days. i remember barely being able to do the shower without having to sit down. And my appetite took weeks to come back. Your body is working hard to heal itself and it is very tiring. I think you are doing a great job. Just rest when you need to. You will be feeling better soon. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete