Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sorry about NO Posts

Mind has been somewhere else the last few days, things are now happening fast in the cancer department, and God is beside me every step of the way.  On Weds, John and his wife were in town after visiting family in Mich. for the July 4th week end.  You may remember that John is my friend who is running the MINI next May here in Indy.  The one who I was going to run into the ground.....lol.  Well, I will push his sorry body across the finish line in front of me to show my friendship.  You can't have a better friend.

So I called him on Weds. morning and we made plans to meet here at the house for a lunch and visit time.  Well, we laughed, ate and prayer together with his wife and John's father for over 4 hours.  What an afternoon. So obviously I took a rest day to enjoy the time together.

Thursday I just didn't want to run, it was hot ( no excuse ).  Had an appt with the Oncologist on Friday, maybe had that on my mind ( no excuse ) .  I just wanted to see who was reading and paying attention, also I just didn't have anything new to say until after seeing the Dr. on Friday.

So here goes, the dr. ( a very nice guy, took lots of time to explain things to us ) gave us so much information that we were possibly numb for awhile and had to take time to digest it. My wife and daughter were with me, and it's like watching a robbery or car accident where we all heard and saw something different.

Basic facts are, Dr is 95% sure I have " bile duct cancer " which of course is rare.  You can google it and read to your hearts content.  Only about 7,000 cases in US each year, compared to 200,000 for breast cancer.  So right away you can that less research is done here than on the disease that affects 200,000 people.  Chemo and radiation is not very effective on it.  The only way to cure it and remove it from your system is to have surgery and remove it.

Now, could my cancer be operated on, because of the size of the tumor, while in the office calls were made to a " liver cancer surgeon to ask that question.  It took til about 7PM Friday night to find out that they didn't see any problem to perform surgery and remove the cancer and part of the liver, about a 6 hour surgery.

More later, I have to eat some waffles now.

Ok, am back after waffles, sold the Mustang ( I loved that car ) but it freed up $$$$ for what is ahead, and being a convertible, now is the time.

This is getting pretty long, so, on Tuesday I have an appt with a "liver cancer surgeon" to discuss the operation, length of operation, time of recovery, etc.  Thurs, I have a PET scan which looks for any other cancer in the body from head to toes, just to make sure we don't put out 1 fire only to discover another one later.  On Friday appt with Oncologist again to discuss PET scan results and date of surgery. 

Hows that for a medical week of appts.

God Bless you all so much,  I know that we are on the right path with God at our side.  Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment