Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pretty Bummed, No Choices of Colors

The port is in and am working through the bruising and small slash across my upper chest, about 3" long. Can't shower for 48 hours, no swimming or hot tubs.  Nothing like the hottest weather in Indiana and I can't get wet.  What's a guy to do?  Well, I guess I'll just have to sit here in the AC and not sweat. I am very pleased with the IU Hospital system.  We went to IU North at 116th and Meridian yesterday and felt like we were with friends the whole time.  The nurse that was assigned to me from start to finish was a good friend of a good friend of my daughters in the Zionsville area.  Small world, uh?

Going to have breakfast with my son this AM, was going to play golf, but restricted for 2 weeks, but it is only going to be 97 degrees.  You know that sweating thing.

I had an inspiration yesterday. You remember the reason for this blog, running........OH yeah.  I have a few months left on my Health Club membership and I'm going to use their treadmills for a few weeks.  I thought that was a good idea, but I can't run later today ( cause I would sweat ) and tomorrow is Chemo, guessing I won't feel like it, but we'll see.

God Bless you all, Captain

Will try to post something tomorrow, most likely after the Chemo.

1 comment:

  1. Will be at the commercial building for the Boone Co fair this week. Witham has a booth also.......hopefully equipped for heat stroke emergencies!!

    ReplyDelete