Friday, July 22, 2011

Home Again, Home Again, You're Not Beating Me

Well, for where I was and what I was getting treated for, it was " as good as it gets " I'm home now, I drove home, made a couple of stops, nothing out of the ordinary.  Have 2 prescriptions , 1 for nausea, and another for whatever it's supposed to do.  Getting ready to eat some leftover Chinese food.   Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but I will let you know.  Everybody reacts different to Chemo, so we just don't know.

Today the Chemo was 6 hours long because I had 2 different chemo drugs, and 2 iv's of a saline solution to help flush out the kidneys, because one of drugs could be toxic on them.

I had a recliner to sit in with 2 swivel armrests to rest my Kindle on for reading, a flat screen TV about 4 ft to the right of me, my lovely wife and daughter to get me ice water, ice cream and coffee for them down the hall.  So for what I was doing, I had it made.  There was no kind of reaction during the chemo.

If tomorrow is even half as good as I feel now, I think I will go to the gym and at least walk on the treadmill.  The doctor said to keep working out, the fitter I am, the better everything is.

The WAR is on against this disease.

Once again, you all are so important to me,  God Bless, Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment