Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Early run again, Pushed the distance

It was a cool 66 degrees here @ 6:45 I decided I had developed a mental block against running farther than 1.7 miles.  So I jogged 2.3 miles this morning.  Yes, my mind said " stop, what are you doing", " you can't go that far",  But I persevered and did it anyways.  I just felt I was stuck in that comfort zone and had to push through.  Now more is on the horizon. 

Remember, we're still talking "baby steps" here, but we have to start to slowly increase the distance.  Tomorrow I will probably only plan about 1 mile to rest after a 1.7 jog and a 2.3 jog on 2 successive days.

Nothing has changed on the cancer front until the appt with the Oncologist on Friday.  Will keep you posted.

Again thank you everyday for the thoughts and prayers.

God Bless, Captain

1 comment: