Saturday, July 30, 2011

Restless Night, Pushin the Run

Went to the "Drip Den" ( chemo ) yesterday and it went fine.  Took my brother and his wife with us to see what it was all about.  We then went to the Circle City Mall and ate lunch at Johnny Rockets, walked to Nordstrom's to see if there was anything on sale we couldn't pass up as this was their last week end before closing this store.  We walked out of there without spending a dime.  We then drove the bro past the Lucas Oil Stadium "Home of the Super Bowl" next Feb., they were impressed.

Then we headed to the parents house in Speedway as more family was gathering.  My brothers family had now shown up, they had taken various routes driving to Speedway from FL., and it was great seeing family again.  The grand kid's sure do grow in only 1 year.  We then ate my wife's famous ham loaf at around 6PM, while leaving for our grand kids to perform in a variety show at their daycare.  Very nice time had by all, finally home around 9 pm pretty tired from all the eating and the activity.

My stomach seemed so full and uncomfortable, although I ate during the day I did not overeat at any time.  I went to bed and was up every hour on the hour to visit the john.  I saw every number on my watch for sure. Then about 4 am I had a headache at the base of my neck.  Tried ice pack for that and finally got up @ 5:20 am to go running.

Of course after a week of jogging I felt a need to run farther today and I did.  I jogged and walked my 2.5 mile course.  I jogged about 2 miles and walked the rest, it took all I had.  By the time I was done my headache was better, I was dog tired and sweating like a pig, but I made it.  I then sat on the porch for about 45 minutes waiting for the sweat to stop rolling so I could shower.

So I'm trying to figure out why all the restlessness occurred?  Was it because of the eating?  the drinking too much water? the saline drip during the chemo? the second dose of chemo ( like starting to build up in my body ) ?  was it just too much activity and no nap during the day? was it the heat?  I don't know, but today will be much more quiet.  I'm am fine just have to recover some strength is what I feel for today.

I may try  to close my eyes in a few minutes for a quiet nap, before starting the family visits again today.  Many thanks for the many prayers, and positive thoughts.

My friend Mo is home from her Gall bladder surgery and is so sore she can't believe it, but she is  on the recovery side of surgery, thanks for thinking of her.  Of course her Mini training is way behind, lol.

God bless, Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment