Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Weds, June 6

Saw the Oncologist yesterday, first time since before the surgery.  Of course, he and the surgeon have talked, and he has seen the same CT scan as the surgeon saw last week and confirmed that all is well.  I think he was really glad to see me, and said I looked great, but I knew that..........lol.  The last year  has really been a blur at times, seems like it has happened to someone else rather than me at times.  I've been very lucky and praise the Lord for being with me. 

I mean last June I was undergoing tests to see what the mass was in my liver area.  In that time, they told me I had cancer, a deadly kind, hard to treat with only with a  few living past 2 years.  I've been thru chemo, the chemo worked ( doesn't very often ). I've had surgery to remove the cancer which they said would not happen.  And now I'm cancer free.  All in a year.

The oncologist said yesterday that they don't tell the patients how hard recovery from this surgery is, because some start thinking if they even want to go thru with it.  I mean, cancer and death on one hand vs. a hard recovery and lots of mental challenges along the way.  I don't know how hard that decision would be.

Sorry for the rambling, it's sad, but I had to go buy a $4 daily planner to keep track of the Dr's appt.s.

I've got the pond tore up, waiting on the dirt under it and around it to dry out, so I can try to add water slowly to find the leak.  I found some great lawn chairs yesterday at an antique mall.  Going to meet a friend for breakfast/lunch at 10 am and then pick the chairs up, couldn't get them in the Honda car.

Still eating good, this am after the shower I weighed 149.7 ready to break the 150 mark.

Got to go, remember your friends in prayer, we all need it.  God Bless, Captain

1 comment:

  1. Hi Captain. It's Pamela from the CC.org website. I have read your blog every day since you joined the cc website. I am so happy that everything is going great. You give us hope that one day my daughter, Lauren, will be cancer free like you. God bless.

    -Pam

    ReplyDelete