Saturday, November 26, 2011

Saturday AM After Turkey Day

I'm doing fine, don't worry about me.  I ate so much on Thursday that my fat belly kept me from reaching the keyboard thus keeping from doing any updates.......lol.  Just kidding, actually weight is lower than last Sunday when I had gained the 5 pounds. 

The babe and I had everything ready and the guests ( family ) started arriving.  My loving daughter showed up with her husband and the grand kids, bringing stuffed olives for all to eat.  She helped out a lot even washing dishes afterwards.  I have to say that cause after her last visit she whined about me not saying she helped with anything.  My blog was all about her husband and the grand kids, like she just sat on her hiney and watched TV or something.  So there you go darling, I told them how you helped, some cooking, some cleaning up, and in general a loving, caring and HELPful daughter.

We had 20 people here for turkey and ham, corn, barbecue green beans, sweet potato casserole, 2 types of dressing, mashed potatoes, a vegetable casserole, cole slaw, strawberry pretzel salad, a green foam salad, home made yeast rolls, cranberry sauce, and 2 pumpkin pies, a pecan pie and pumpkin praline cake.  I think that was enough, as the leftovers are just as good.

As I speak now, the female members of the family are showing up to make Christmas cookies.  My grandmother P used to make cookies for us all during the holidays and when she passed on they thought they should keep up the tradition.  Today is the day on my house.  So I will be snacking soon on fresh cookies.

The decorations are going up, weather today in the 50's so I will get the outside done, probably take around 1 hour, so not a lot to me done.  We decorate with taste, not 15 blow up animals, a Colt's snowman, etc.  More of that country look, greenery and lights on the porch railing, greenery over the door.  Done. Oh, a few bows placed around.

Got to go.  Thanks to all, and God Bless, Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment