Sunday, November 27, 2011

Really Tired Last night

My hour outside took 4 hours at least.  The greenery around the porch railing had way too many lights and sections of lights that were out.  Of course I installed it then flipped the switch and saw the problem.  I looked around the house because I thought we had some new lights here, but not to be found.  So I started removing the old lights from the greenery.  Ran to Wal-Mart and yes they did have lights.

I had no idea how many lights were used before, so I bought 10 boxes of 100 light sets, I wasn't going to make another trip.  Luckily, it was a warm day for Indiana.  Then spent another hour placing the new lights into the previously installed greenery.  Walla, it worked, by now it was around 3 PM, felt like 6 PM.

The ladies were done with their cookie baking and were collecting their stuff to leave.  But the cookies and chocolate covered pretzels were really good as I walked past the table full of sweet stuff to eat.  Pause...............  I had to actually get up and leave my chair to get some of my favorite cancer fighting supplements.  1 Santa iced cookie, 1 Bell iced cookie, 1 chocolate chip cookie, 1 Mexican wedding cake, and 3 small chocolate pretzels.  While drinking green tea...lol  mb a small milk chaser in a minute.  I just remembered the caramel covered haystacks, I can't find any.  Dang, it.

So anyways, the outside is done.  Now to resume the inside.  The greenery over 3 doors was already done on Friday ( no lights ).  Now to do greenery in the windows with lights.  Greenery hanging from the fireplace mantle, greenery on top of the entertainment center along with creative decorations, all with lights.  Have to get the fresh Christmas tree out of the back of the Explorer and get it set up.  It was harvested on Friday when the temp. was 58 degrees.  Get it lit and the babe will take over placing ornaments, etc. on the tree.  Then babe will place the Snowman collection, and the Santa collection.  She did the kitchen last night while I was napping while watching Alabama put a whupping on Auburn.  The kitchen has a Gingerbread theme.  I will try to post some pictures, we love this time of the year.  Our house looks like you've walked into a very nice country store, not the local Dollar store.  I forgot the Manger, the small Dickens village on the buffet ( her favorite Holiday movie ), the Angels over the other fireplace mantle.  Guess we better get to work, it all has to be done by Weds.

Just got that glass of milk, and need to get on with the decorating and somewhat more of a healthy breakfast.

Luv you all, God Bless you this Holiday season, and Be Safe, Captain

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the pictures. Your home sounds lovely!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete