Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ok, I'm kind of here

I'm just having a hard time getting motivated.  The week end after chemo was somewhat full of activity, more so for my wife cause I had just had chemo.  Our very good neighbor and friend passed away after 5 yrs of battling the results of a major heart attack.  I went to the visitation and the funeral and it affected me more than ever in the past.  I'm sure it was because of my situation.  My wife sang at 2 funerals over the week end, baked for her Psi Ote Home show, helped the women of the church put on a skit for Women's Sunday activity's and the grand kids dropped by and spent time going out to eat and visiting.

I tried to fall out of their van, but caught myself in time. It caught me off guard, but it shocked them.  I'm sure I will be ribbed for a long time about it, on what not to do. It was because I touched the wrong thing, not because of any medical problem, or loss of brain function.  Just been in a funk, what can I say.  It will pass like many times before.

 So here's a funny to fill out the day, I may mow the grass, but that's not the funny.

18. A woman has twins, and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt , and is named 'Ahmal.' The other goes to a family in Spain ; they name him 'Juan.' Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal. Her husband responds, "They're twins! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Ahmal."

Sorry, thanks for all your thoughts and prayers,  God Bless, Captain

1 comment:

  1. Jerry, just want you to know I'm still praying for you. Don't want to pry, but God is very BIG and capable and if you want me to intercede in more specific ways just let me know.

    ReplyDelete