Monday, May 28, 2012

Been Fine But Busy

First......... Happy Memorial Day

Second............Since the colonoscopy on Friday, I have been fine.  We stopped at O'Charlies and my wife and I shared a Combination platter appetizer thingy.  The rest of the night I was just sluggish, tired, and took naps and rested.  They removed a polyp to be sent to the Pathologist for testing, will know something in 7-10 days.  But my recovery was fine, on Saturday morning AM I was spreading mulch at 9 AM

I've included some pictures of our side yard down below, as I have been spreading mulch since last Monday.  41 bags of Cypress mulch for the walking and sitting/entertainment areas. And so far 38 bags of Black mulch for the flower beds.  I don't think it has ever looked this good.  Usually we run out of energy and never get 1 part finished.  And yes, I was listening to the race, spreading mulch, and resting as I went.  I and the wife just finished up about 10:30 this AM.  And I'm ready for a shower and brat on the grill.



 It's like our little park setting in our side yard.  We started off with all open space, and added a couple of trees, and things went wild and crazy from there.

Sitting area
 Side door we added for easy access.
Fountain I built, ( not this year ) had to rebuild it 3 times to get it right.











Just showing why I need 2 colors of mulch and so many bags, and the fact that I've been away from the computer.  Obviously, I don't mow much grass.

I'm feeling fine, will let you know results when I know.  This Weds, the 30th is my first CT scan since the Surgery in March. This will be our first chance to see what is happening in there since then.

Thanks for your prayers and support, God Bless you all, Captain

2 comments:

  1. Jerry, Your yard looks A-MA-ZING!!! Sounds like you are feeling better and getting back into "regular" like. I think about you every day and hope and pray for your complete recovery!!

    I'm not sure I ever actually thanked you for the great balloon setup for the fundraiser. It was so great to have you there and I hope to see you again next year, if not before! It was a real pleasure to meet Joan and Suzanne and the rest of your family.

    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete