Monday, January 16, 2012

We Haven't Talked Balloons

in awhile.

I wanted to give a shout out to TJ and what a help she was to me for many years. I first met TJ at a local bar ( we were much younger then ). She had a full time job at an Indpls Ins CO. That next time I met TJ she was falling for me in the Indpls St. Patrick's Day parade. Seriously, she was on roller skates helping to promote the company she worked at and right in front of me she fell on her behind.

She seemed to like the idea of play working ( we enjoyed ourselves while working ) with the balloon business part time working around her job, and when I needed extra help on week-ends, or when ever. She was known to meet me and others at the then Radisson Hotel at 3 in the morning to release 5,000 balloons for there Grand Opening at the Fashion Mall area. Then she went to work. She also went to Kansas City, KS at least twice to help with jobs out there. One of the times I drove a van with equipment and workers out there, and then picked her up at the airport the next day because of her scheduling vacation days from her other job.

She went to Louisville, KY on more than one occasion helping with events surrounding the Kentucky Derby. I remember once she drove the van back to Indy as I was "under the weather". But, she was always there, ready and willing to help.

She was from NW Ohio, and had no family here, and the business helped her spend some extra time, and make money at the same time. It meant a lot to me when I finally met her Dad at her wedding. He said to me, " Captain, I'm so glad to finally meet you, as I always felt TJ had another father here in INDY ".

When we released balloons for the Opening of the Hoosier Lottery, TJ and a friend went to Ft. Wayne, IN. and met people there who helped her to release 10,000 balloons. She was the boss, because I was in Indy releasing 30,000 balloons. That is another story.

Because of people like TJ and MO my business grew larger than anyone could have imagined. We ran it for 20 years, successfully I might add, and then sold it.
If you visit my web site Captain Balloon most of the larger event pictures are still of my work. That balloon canopy over the dance floor, TJ was there helping me.

You might be saying where was your wife all this time, that you are out running with women.

I'll tell you tomorrow.

Thanks for all your prayers, things are happening for the better. God Bless, Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment