Sunday, January 8, 2012

my Wife, The Real Story

You guys are just trying to get me into trouble here.   Saturday morning my wife said  " I'm still waiting on the real story? "  I looked at her with a quizzical look on my face........  " The real story? "  Oh, I thought, you mean in the blog, when I said " One day I will tell you the real story of my wife. "

It's innocent enough, so  here it is.  When we were first married and of course it pretty much carried throughout our married life,  when ever I talked of she and I doing something, I would just refer to her as "My wife"  that's all.  Instead of telling a story of  " Joan and I went to Chicago over the week end "  and somebody would ask  " Who?  Joan ? "  And having to stop the story and tell them who Joan was, and then remind them every time I mentioned Joan's name as to who she was.  I just started saying, my wife and I did this, or my wife and I went to Tennessee,  my wife and I went to the Zoo.  That's all it was.

Now you know the rest of the story, to me it was just a simple thing that everybody knew who I was talking about, I didn't have to remind them of my wife's name.  It just made life simple for me.  That's all, sorry about any confusion.  At least it wasn't the ol woman.

Now back to the real life, I didn't hit the lottery last night, got 3 of the 6 numbers on 1 ticket, maybe worth $5.  Can't buy that 50 ft fishing boat..........hahahahaha.

But life is still good, back to the Oncologist on Friday and chemo for the next 2 weeks.  All is going good, I seem to be eating a lot of food lately, can't get enough.  My weight is up about 10-12 pounds since I got cancer.  Go figure.

Thanks for all the thoughts, God Bless, Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment