Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It's a New Year

All of the past is behind us, let it go the best you can.  My health, your health, the situations are all new and maybe we should look at them in that way.  There are new health breakthroughs every day, but now we can open our eyes and maybe see them in a different light.  Let the sun shine on them with a new perspective.  Boy, that just wore me out, thinking like that, but maybe it is true and we should embrace change and not be afraid of it.

With my Operation Fish Attach planned for mid Feb, I know I am psyched for something new.  I'm not packing things yet, but I am thinking about things to take.  I talked to the planner over the week end and once the plane lands in Fl we won't be letting any grass grow under our feet.  We will be picked up in Ft. Myers and the SUV is leaving for Key West right then and there.  Hopefully, there will be time for a quick potty break and a sandwich.  Night will find us in the " Fishing Room " at the hotel.  Our friend the "Boyscout" is taking 30 fishing poles.  I don't know how many "Sidewinder" is taking, I hope I don't have to see a fishing lure bobbing in front of my face for the 3 hour drive to Key West.

I have heard tales of a 50 ft fishing boat waiting on us at the dock.  I mean, that's longer than my house.  We'll have to have walkie-talkies to communicate "  ON THE BOAT ".  I'll have to learn to new hand signals to flash at my comrades, like " turn the boat around "  like " fish me out of the ocean, I had a monster on the hook "  like " What the heck were you thinkin' " like " this bait is bigger than any fish I ever caught "   like  "  I'm not touching that  "......  LOL

Anyways, today is back to work, get the mail, set the garbage out, etc.  But let's try to get excited about life cause it is always changing, and it's not all for the worse.  Embrace the new as exciting and adventurous.  Even fighting cancer is new everyday. 

Luv you guys, Thanks for all the prayers, God Bless and Happy, Healthy New Year to all, Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment