Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thursday of Babe's party

All things are under control, the women who are helping with the cooking will be here starting around 1 PM, then the house will start smelling wonderful.  The floors have been mopped and tables dusted, I think we are ready.  I must remember to start a fire in the fireplace for the girls.  I'm ready to spend the night in the bedroom with a TV and a book.  Hopefully the book is good.

How about them Indiana Hoosiers ( IU basketball team for you out of state'ers )  Beat NC State last night, I know they will lose soon, mb Kentucky, but it is exciting again to see them starting their comeback.

I know I said I was fine yesterday, and I am with the cancer and all.  You know an article I read this AM said that my cancer strikes 2 out of 100,000 people, and ain't I special, 1 of the 2.  It is also 99% fatal, but the treatments are getting better and are encouraging to us 2 people. lol, ( about the 2 people not the better treatments. )

But I'm having trouble with my ribs.  I smacked them good about 2 weeks ago, of course it was on the right side right above the liver.  But then on Thanksgiving I was carrying in some firewood and really had a ligament or something snap out of place and then back into place, but it was so painful.  I can only imagine that these ligaments lay side by side, kind of like tightly holding your fingers side by side, and then one finger slips up and across the next one beside it, then returns to it's position.  It just tears up that area with soreness for a while.  To all those thinking the worse, it has happened before and I'm really sure that it has nothing to do with cancer spreading somewhere else.  So no panicking please.

I went to work Monday and Tuesday nights and on the second night had really re-injured the ribs again by lifting heavy stuff.  I took last night off, and tonight and Friday because of chemo.  Hopefully with 5 days of resting Monday will be OK again, or I will push for light work.

After getting this disease, it was really hard watching Jimmy V week on ESPN and hearing his speech again.  My eyes were definitely tearing up, actually for some reason, this week has been emotional anyways.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, will talk again tomorrow from chemo.

God Bless you all, Captain

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your ribs. I will pray for your ribs tonight along with my prayers for the CC. If you are the 1 out of 100,000, I must be the 2nd out of 100,000. Yes, ain't we special!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete