Monday, October 3, 2011

Ok, I'm back

Got at least 2 phone calls wondering if I'm alright because of no blogs since Friday. I got some energy and was busy over the week end. But no running was done. That's becoming a real mind game. Like mind doesn't want to run.

Saturday, I went to Lowes and bought a 2 x 6 by 8 and set up saw horses and painted it white. That wore me out, just kidding, and I stopped watching some football to do all that.......lol This was because my son in law was coming up on Sunday to help me rehang the porch swing, so it wouldn't fall down again.

On Sunday, I had to start gathering all my tools and ladders together for the project. Around 2 PM, here comes the daughter, grand kids and son in law for a meal and work project. So we started planning it while the lunch was in the final preparation mode. I wanted to attach the 2 x 6 to the ceiling of the porch in order to reinforce the hanging of the swing. But we couldn't find in ceiling joints. So I cut a small hole in the ceiling to see what was behind the ceiling that we were seeing from below. Well now we know, and then we were able to hang the 2 x 6 over the hole that I had cut, so that it was hidden. Glad to say the porch swing is now hanging again and we have all sat in it ( not at the same time of course ) and it has not fallen.

Then the son in law trimmed 4 bushes around the house while my wife cleaned up after him, while I took the kids across the street and played soccer and basketball with them.

So you see I did get some energy and just wasn't able to sit down and blog. Sorry.

I'm really trying to get some energy now to run today, but I have to let my cereal and toast settle a bit now.

God Bless, Captain and thanks for thinking of me

1 PM update, I just jogged 1 mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment