Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Energy is strong ????

But it is a good thing. Yesterday I laced up my running shoes, got ready, then before I hit the door, I called my barber to make an appt to cut my hair. He said you want to come up right now, so I left the house with an ATM card and my house key and jogged uptown to walk thru the ATM drive up, so's I have some cash to pay the guy, then jogged to the barber. Afterwards, I walked home losing my desire to run. Now we're only talking less than 1/2 mile so no big deal. But then it hit...........

I put on long pants and fired up the weed eater to trim around the front of the house, then mowed the grass, the cleaned up the mess with the leaf blower. Then I fired up the old balloon van ( 250,000 miles ) hasn't run since May, but it was there for me.

Then I went to a local store and got a pallet of firewood ( it will get colder up north soon ). He is able to take that pallet of wood, and with both side doors open just put it in the van. Also so, 2 bags of 40 # salt for the water softener. Drove back home and parked in front of the garage.

Then I moved out the leftover firewood from last year and unloaded the newer firewood to re-stack it from the floor up. Then I replaced the older firewood on top. Then I parked the van, and cleaned up all the broken pcs of bark, etc.

By the it was about 4 PM and I showered, you know I always got to shower afterwards.

In about 30 minutes I'm going to pick up a rental log splitter to use on the larger pcs of firewood and on 5 large tree pcs of tree trunk that has been laying by the garage for 1 year waiting on this day. Hopefully the wife ( babe ) will be home before I'm done and help lift the tree trunks. That's all for today, but it will be plenty. NO running, sorry.

So now you know why I didn't blog yesterday. Tomorrow is a rest day, I'm having breakfast with another old friend. These old friends are beginning to make me feel old, going to have to look for some younger friends I guess.............lol.

See you later, and God Bless, Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment