Friday, September 21, 2012

FYI

Tomorrow at 10 AM I will be at IU Hospital, fixing my stent once again.  I'm going to ask them if this is normal or I'm special.

What happened this time, when I thought I was doing fine.  Last night as I exited the shower I noticed that both stitches that held the tube in my body were no longer in my body.  I slept ok after placing gauze over the tube and hole.  At around noon I called IU and told them they said they could work me in tomorrow to restitch the existing tube.

I sat at my computer for about 45 minutes, when I noticed a wetness on my T shirt under my sweatshirt.  I pulled it up and looked and I had yellow bile leaking everywhere above my belt buckle, and the tube had actually pulled out of my body about 5 " and I had to wait till tomorrow.  I called them back and they told be what to do to make it thru the night.  Now they might replace the stent tomorrow

Today I made it ok, but I pretty much tried not to move around too much, which isn't hard for me right now. 

I will let you know the outcome tomorrow, probably in the afternoon.

I may try to take a couple of pictures so you can understand the situation more clearly, If you are squeamish I will warn you.

Thanks for the notes and the prayers, God Bless, Captain


No comments:

Post a Comment